Friday, January 7, 2011

Joy or Happiness...

Wow! so I'm here..in this cold, flat place. Snow is falling and the sky is grey as usual! Life is hard..I am learning. Somedays it's easier and the sun is actually out..and other days the sky is grey and harder to see the positive! Makes me wonder- why in the world did God want a shy, timid, home-body to move hundreds of miles away from her family who was also her best friends?? Well I am learning..that Christ wants my heart fully. He doesn't want half, and He definately doesn't want a third. He wants everything!-and I am learning to cling to Him. I hear Him in my heart tugging! Telling me that this is a lesson. This is a lesson about life. A reminder that HE is in control and not me. And that is how my relationship with Him is being challenged..and I know He can use me in Ohio. I am learning to Trust Him like I never have before..and to cling to my husband! I am learning to have joy instead of happiness.
- OK so i'll be honest..if my husband were standing right here he'd be the first to agree with me that i LOVE to shop. You see.. I can be the happiest person in the world when he gives me money and lets me go shopping..and I can buy whatever I would like..but the minute something goes wrong..... I have lost that happiness. I'm upset. You see happiness depends on happenings, and joy depends on Christ. I'm learning that as tough times come and go... I can still have the JOY of the Lord. A Reminder that I am not here for me, I am here for HIM. I hope this encourages you.. A great example of a person that has the joy of the Lord is Paul. I love his encouragement..and love reading his letters in the new testament...
This is my first post..I hope God can use it in your life as He has mine..PRAISING HIM WITH A JOY OF THE LORD!
xoxo MRS HOLLINGER

1 comment:

  1. Fun to find you here, will look forward to your posts! Your house is cute and I look forward to a spring/summer pic when there is some green showing! Life is definitely full of change and I think you are off to a good start by being in tune with what God has for you! He will be there for you! Blessings...Pam

    ReplyDelete