Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Springing into Spring




Springing into Spring with a fresh outlook!
Filling you in on my life the last couple of weeks.....
For those of you who are trying to shed a few pounds before summer, here is a great Smoothie recipe that is very low calorie, but yet your kids or husband will LOVE it to! 
Ingredients:
1 small 4 oz. individual yogurt from a pack. (any flavor of fruit or even vanilla to)
ice
fresh fruit..I usually do a strawberry yogurt, then add a few strawberries and a banana and it's so YUMMY!
Put your ice in the bottom of a blender, add your yogurt and fruit and you have a yummy low-cal smoothie that is filling and gets you in the MOOD for spring!! Thank you aunt Sheryl for this yummy smoothie! i love it! This serves about 2-3 people, depending on how much your serving each person!!


"You had a green thumb and you didn't even know it!"

About a month and a half ago, I was so ready for summer and spring weather! So at the grocery one day I picked out the prettiest flowers in the seed rack that I could find, got some potting soil, and a vase. I proceeded to dump! all of the seeds in my potting soil. and watered it and set it in the window to get some sun. My husband came home from work laughing while exclaiming "That vase is not big enough to hold all of those flowers if you dumped the whole packet in there! Your soposed to only plant one, two or three seeds in a small vase like that at a time! I was already discouraged! but continued to water it daily for about 2 weeks. There was no progress on my sad little flowers so I gave up and completely forgot about them! But 3 weeks later my mom came up to visit and wanted to see my flowers i planted! I exclaimed there dead, and sitting in the window. i need to throw them out! So she goes and gets them, and THEY WERE ALIVE! I have about 12 little blossoms coming up! I do need to get some smaller vases and separate each plant! My mom exclaimed when she saw them "YOU HAVE A GREEN THUMB AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT!!"

Brightening up my life with some confetti finger nail polish!
For those of you who don't know me, I love bright colors, and anything that is fun and exciting!~especially this finger nail polish I spotted the other day! I love it! It just makes me smile! :) Oh the simple things in life!


...And a new haircut and color! Added some blonde to freshen up my color, and a new look for me!-lots of bangs! I love it! :)



Lastly..God is good all the time! "Come everyone CLAP your hands! Shout to God with joyful praise! For the Lord Most High is AWESOME! He is the King over all the earth! "Psalm 47:1&2  Happy Spring Day to YOU! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment