Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Bookshelf!

 our new bookshelf wouldn't fit in our trunk, so i had to ride in the back while the bookshelf took up the front and part of the back seat!

we thought it was hilarious.
.
and felt so odd with me sitting behind him!!! 
we also spotted this snowplow that was trying to spread salt in the mcdonalds parking lot. he had an interesting technique. we laughed about this also :)


.
In order to be submissive to your spouse you have to be patient! (I am learning!!)  Nagging just doesn't work. Asking them to do the same thing five times is a big fail also! Sometimes it's better to just bite your lip and keep quiet! Something I'm not the greatest at! First I will say, even though getting married and moving to a completely new place is hard, it can be so much fun! Even through the tough times I wouldn't change a thing. I got married pretty young, and have only been married for 3 months but me and my husband have had so much fun together! He has taught me many things about life that I never new..such as: learning to build a fire, how to get knots out of your bobbin on the sew machine, how to drive in the snow, how to drive a stick shift truck..how to snowboard..how to patch work pants.. and the list goes on! Honestly at this point, I don't have any idea what I'd do without him! There's so much youth in our marriage, and I love my husband so much! Now, here comes the fun part...learning to be SUBMISSIVE and PATIENT. Here is a lesson that I learned about being patient! After we got married, we had and still have tons of giftcard, so I told Jared we needed a bookshelf. We had a huge box of books just sitting in our living room. He agreed with me. Well a month went by, and I didn't hear a thing mentioned about the bookshelf. (The books were still laying in my living room) So one Friday night before Jared got home from work, I got really grouchy about the whole situation and picked up the box and hoofed it up to the attic. Men just don't notice detail..
( that i had moved the box of books) so i informed him i carried the huge box up to the attic. i think he felt bad, so i started to feel bad..but still no talk of the bookshelf. another month went by..and we were so busy with Christmas and other Holiday fun we didn't have time to go get the bookshelf! FINALLY.. just last weekend Jared mentioned we would go to Target and get the bookshelf. I was so happy...so we bundled up and took off to Target on Saturday. We bought the bookshelf and it is now sitting in my living room! We had SOO much fun that day! I can't imagine why in the world I wanted him to go any before last Satarday..because we had such a fun day together. I guess God's timing is most important. something to remember when trying to be patient.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for your encouragement! you know how well i relate to having a hard time being patient for God's timing! but, you are correct - it is ALWAYS best! one day we'll figure that out. i can just picture you heaving that huge box up those rickety stairs. girl, you have got some guns!! : ) much love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like us the first couple of months of marriage, and sometimes still does sound like us! Its SO fun to grow and learn together!! We're learning and experiencing new things all the time! Just gets better and better, promise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. carrie.. i love this.. i didn't know you started a blog.. i love seeing these lil glimpses into your life.. blessings my dear.. it takes time and i still don't have it down.. love you... this is hanna.. not douglas...

    ReplyDelete